Re: Status bar confusion

"Billy N. Patton" <bpatton dal asp ti com> writes:
> What i'm confused about is the context_is and the message_id
> for the pop and remove.  I believe I want to doa remove because
> I don't need that "stack" to grow.  Its data will be changing all the
> time.
>  I put no massage in the status bar when I allocated it.
>

> Please forgive the rookie questions :)

No forgiveness necessary, statusbar is pointlessly complicated in this
respect. In GTK unstable devel version you can just use "0" for the
context id.

In 1.2 though, you have to get one explicitly. Just do this once:
 context_id = gtk_statusbar_get_context_id (statusbar, "MyID");

Then always use that context ID. I'd just use push/pop, but if you
want to remove a specific message instead of "last one pushed,"
you have to use _remove() with the return value from _push() as the
message_id.

Havoc