Re: menu accelerators

On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> All gnome apps save  user-defined accelerators automatically (at least if
> menu was contructed by gnome*factory) in files in ~/.gnome/accels.

Very nice!

> As for  me, I would like  gnome and gtk  apps adding menu item  "lock all
> accelerators" and "unlock all accelerators"  to their menus (and it would
> be nice if the state of  it was persistent). Thus, after user defined all
> accels he wanted, he locks them in order not to change the accidently.

That should probably be a preferences setting rather than a menu item?  I
can see its usefulness.  See my reply to Harris for an idea how to avoid
that problem (could be configurable which one you want).

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen (http://shasta.cs.uiuc.edu/~lrclause) | Hårdgrim of Numenor
"I do not agree with a word that you say, but I    | Retainer of Sir Kegg