GDK--

Hi All,

OK -here's the dealy.  I'm trying to develop an image viewer.
Basically, my core programme is akin to that of Cellular Automata,
right?  I'd like to use GDK/GTK (in the minus-minus incarnations of
each/both)  in order to view the changes in the CA as they happen,
see?  It was suggested that I use GDK for the purpose, since, I have to
manipulate individual pixels.   The problem I'm having is quite basic,
seeing as there is no really helpful documentation of the GDK--
libraries.  How do I get a window to be created and displayed?  Just a
blank one will do....

Thanks,

Trin