Concerning GTKtree and GTKtext

Hello,
	I have been told that both GTKtree and GTKtext widgets are
deprecated.  I am maintaining a program which uses both widgets and was
wondering if they are deprecated in the stable release or are soon to be
deprecated in the 2.0 release.  If they are deprecated now, I suppose that
GTKctree is the replacement for GTKtree (as that is the only other tree
widget I could find, it seems to have more tree manipulation functions
(collapse all), though I have yet to learn the interface), but what is the
replacement for GTKtext?

I don't want to get behind the times :)

Sincerely,
Caleb Land