Re: Pushing text onto the selection buffer

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 02:50:30PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Guy Harris <gharris@flashcom.net> writes:
> > So is getting the folks at TrollTech to follow the spec, or getting the
> > KDE folks to pressure the folks at TrollTech to follow the spec,
> > something that freedesktop.org can address?
>
> Hrm, I could send them mail. I kind of suspect it's a FAQ though, I'm
> sure they've had people bring it up before...

Well, there's a couple of messages on qt-interest from back in late
1997:

	Subject: Paste to Motif
	From: Ross Linder <ross@mecalc.co.za> - other postings
	Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 16:29:46 +0200 (SAT)

	Using Motif 2.0 I can highlight text in a XmTextField using MB1 and
	drop it into any QtLineEdit using the center mouse button.

	From a Qt application I can highlight the text (somnewhat less
	successfully as tripple clicks don't work :-( ) BUT it won't
	paste into any text fields

	This is a problem as I begin migrating from Motif to Qt since most of
	my applications are still in Motif.

	/Ross

	--
	 [ signature omitted ]