gdk_pointer_grab bug?

Hi all,

System miscellany: GNU/Linux, XFree86, gtk+-1.2.8 (and
earlier, spot check finds it as far back as 1.2.1)

I think there is a bug in gdk_pointer_grab():

  If the window argument is NULL then it returns 0;

  If the window argument is !NULL and if the grab is
successful it returns Success which is inherited from
X.h where it is also defined as 0;

So, checking for the return value is tricky. (The
workaround is to make absolutely sure that you pass a
non-NULL window, then treat a 0 return value as
success.)

Best Regards,

Jeff Gunter

P.S. If there is a more appropriate place to report
Gtk/Gdk bugs could someone point me in that general
direction?