Re: Pushing text onto the selection buffer

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 10:26:22AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> No need, it's already specified by the ICCCM I'm pretty sure.

Yes, it is, at least as I read L.2.6.1.3 "The CLIPBOARD Selection" in
the ICCCM.

I suppose if somebody works *really really really really* hard they
could come up with a really odd interpretation of L.2.6.1.1 "The PRIMARY
Selection", along the lines of my other message, to try to rationalize
the use of the PRIMARY selection for a clipboard, although one would
then have to rationalize ignoring L.2.6.1.3 as well.

> So it's
> already in a spec, we just need people to follow said spec. ;-)

So is getting the folks at TrollTech to follow the spec, or getting the
KDE folks to pressure the folks at TrollTech to follow the spec,
something that freedesktop.org can address?