Memory alloc problems?

Ok, I'm not sure how GTK-related this question is, but
I'm having some troubles with my program on computers
other than my own. It works great when running on my
machine, but when I compile and run it other machines,
it likes to die. On one machine, it likes to hang just
before I create a socket and then depending on what
I do with my logging window, it will die. Here's gdb
output from when I focus on another window and then
back onto my program's window:

Beginning connection
[New Thread 22688 (manager thread)]
[New Thread 22686 (initial thread)]
[New Thread 22689]
Entering thread
tries = 0
entering finish_connect

0x400eccbc in expose_text () from /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0

Here's some gdb output if I click on the log
window while my GUI is hanging:Beginning connection
[New Thread 22723 (manager thread)]
[New Thread 22721 (initial thread)]
[New Thread 22724]
Entering thread
tries = 0
entering finish_connect

Gtk-ERROR **: file gtktext.c: line 3841 (find_mouse_cursor): assertion
failed: (cache)
aborting...

0x4028f4e1 in __kill () from /lib/libc.so.6

It always seems to hang on "entering finish_connect". Now, that
machine happens to be a PIII (like my machine), but if I do
it on a PII, it actually gets all the way through, but crashes
right at the end. BTW, what I'm doing is connecting to
an FTP server.

Starting program:
/a/ladron/fs/zappa/accounts/shippy/cs222/ezftp/src/ezftp
Beginning connection
[New Thread 770 (manager thread)]
[New Thread 768 (initial thread)]
[New Thread 771]
Entering thread
tries = 0
entering finish_connect
looking
[Switching to Thread 771]
attempting
leaving finish_connect
ftp_get_data
entering...
[Switching to Thread 768 (initial thread)]

0x402c94e1 in chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x4035e040, nb=16) at malloc.c:2699
2699    malloc.c: No such file or directory.

Are these memory allocation problems? If so, why does it
work fine on my machine? I haven't had my program crash
even once! I'm not sure how much you guys will be able to
help me as I only have this gdb output and it's kindof
hard to describe what's happening in email, but any insight
anybody could provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

| Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy@cs.nmt.edu |
| Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493              |
| New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology       |
| Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy                |