How to redirect Alt-F4 to hide instead of destroy.

I just wrote a program that has two toplevel widgets, one permanently shown, one
occcurring as an additional, modal, dialog. Everything works fine, but the only
drawback is, that the additional dialog is destroyed instead of hidden when
Alt-F4 is applied to the addditional dialog.

(My intention is to create the additional dialog once and just to hide and show
it at the appropriate time.)

  I tried several workarounds and none was successful. I found the function
gtk_widget_hide_on_delete, which seems to be a pre-defined signal handler, but I
couldn't find any hint on how to use it. So any help is appreciated.

  Wolfgang

--
Mag. Wolfgang Glas
Institut fuer hydraulische Stroemungsmaschinen

mailto:Wolfgang.Glas@hfm.tu-graz.ac.at
http://fhysmsg01.tu-graz.ac.at/Wolfgang.Glas/