gtk_item_factory_create_items_ac

Is gtk_item_factory_create_items_ac() a viable function?
I know the 1.2.4 source uses it, but am concerned since the .h
file has it under functions for the deprecated GtkMenuFactory
code, and I don't want to use something that's going away.
(I'm accessing a function (not my own) with type 2 parameters, but can work
around it if need be.)

(And what does ac stand for?  I've made up all kinds of
my own..like alternate callbacks...but was just wondering.)

Thanks in advance for any help,
Donna