Re: [gtk-list] gtk_item_factory_create_items_ac

"Donna S. Martin" <donna@omartin.com> writes:

> Is gtk_item_factory_create_items_ac() a viable function?
> I know the 1.2.4 source uses it, but am concerned since the .h
> file has it under functions for the deprecated GtkMenuFactory
> code, and I don't want to use something that's going away.
> (I'm accessing a function (not my own) with type 2 parameters, but can work
> around it if need be.)
>
> (And what does ac stand for?  I've made up all kinds of
> my own..like alternate callbacks...but was just wondering.)

"alternate callbacks" sounds plausible to me. According
to Tim Janik, who added these functions, the type 2 parameters
are basically there only for the purpose of the GtkMenuFactory
wrapper which requires callbacks of this form.

So, I would indeed consider that function deprecated. (I'd be
a little suprised if we removed it for GTK+-1.4, though)

Regards,
                                        Owen