[gtk-list] Re: Fastest pixel control under GDK

"Havoc" == Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:
>  - Draw to an RGB buffer, then use GdkRGB. Problem: you need scan
> conversion routines to draw lines, circles, etc.  libart is a
> high-quality library for this, libmi which is in the
> otherwise-broken 'guppi2' CVS module has Xlib-style primitives.  An
> enhanced libmi is in GNU plotutils.

Not a problem.  The rendering is complex enough that I have to
scan-convert myself anyway (gouraud, texturing, etc.).  This looks
like the answer.  I'll have a play with testrgb.c and see how it goes.

>  - Use one of the game libraries, such as ClanLib or the one from
> Loki

>  - Use OpenGL with GtkGLArea (probably fastest by far, especially
> when XFree 4.0 comes out). However the game libs may start using it
> or may already, I'm not sure.

Something that does it for you?  Now where's the fun in that? :)

Thanks for your help,
Steve