Re: plotting text on a pixmap

Hi, You should use GDK functions to draw a pixmap (GdkPixmap).
Maybe you want to take a look at my widget:
http://www.linuxstart/com/~arjan/diacanvas. If you have any questions,
please ask them.
<<
  Thanks, that helps a lot.  I just tried gdk_draw_text and now I have
text on my drawables. :)

  One caveat, is there a way to draw text *at an angle* on a pixmap?  I
will have to do that.

  Along the same lines, is there a way to copy one pixmap to another
using a "mask", the same as you can with xpm data?  I'm thinking of
drawing the text offscreen and pasting it as a bitmap to the display; I
don't want to obliterate nearby images.

  Salutations,
  John