RE: [gtk-list] plotting text on a pixmap

>   I am writing a CAD-like application, which needs to display text
> comments (sometimes angled) along with the usual line drawings.
>
>   Is there a utility in gtk to print/plot text onto a pixmap?
>

>   (If not, I will have to 'roll my own'...  Are there docs on
> getting the
> graphic info of system fonts?)
>
>   Thanks,
>   John

Hi, You should use GDK functions to draw a pixmap (GdkPixmap). Their in gdk.h. You can use them the same way as if you ware drawing directly to the screen.

Maybe you want to take a look at my widget: http://www.linuxstart/com/~arjan/diacanvas. If you have any questions, please ask them.