Re: [gtk-list] iconizing

In case that I detect such event, I'd like to destroy it, without
destroying the child objects in it. Is that possible?
<<
  I don't know about detecting iconizing, but you can save children while
destroying a parent.  You have to reparent all the children first.  Look
up the gtk_object_ref() and unref() (If I remember the  names correctly,
might be gtk_widget_ref...)

  GtkWidget *tempchild=child;

  gtk_object_ref(tempchild);
  gtk_widget_destroy(parent);

( Create new parent and connect tempchild, then attach to new parent's
containers in this space. )

  and finally,
  gtk_object_unref(tempchild);

  I may not have it exactly because I don't have gtk here, but there's
examples in the online documentation...

  John