make install never stops on IRIX

Hello i tried to install glib/gtk 1.2.5 on an Irix 6.2 Workstation with 2 cpus
glib compiles well and gtk does so to but after writing make install it
compiles the whole thing again (only the gtk stuff) gdk and gmodule will
installed cortect .... what happens here ??

 -- Andreas Scherf - "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a
beautiful princess." - "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I dont have time for
girls, but a talking frog is very very cool."
I EMail    : scherfa@fh-trier.de             I
I Homepage : http://www.fh-trier.de/~scherfa I