Re: [gtk-list] Problems blocking a signal in GtkAda 1.2.3

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Alexander, Jed wrote:

> Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_emit_stop(): no current emission (104) for object
> 'GtkCList'
>
> Any suggestions? I currently do a handlers_destroy on the file_sel list, but
> that seems like a bit overkill.

Maybe you want gtk_signal_handler_block() or its variants; emit_stop()
only affects a signal that is currently being emitted, i.e. it stops the
current emission. The handler_block() functions block particular handlers.

If you want to prevent selections in the file selector though, I suspect a
better approach is to connect a handler to button_press_event and call
emit_stop() from there to prevent the button press from causing the
select_row in the first place.

This is all going to be touch-and-go fiddling with the internals of the
objects involved, since I'm sure the file selection author didn't
anticipate you wanting to do this (and I don't have any clue why you do
either). ;-)

Havoc