Problems blocking a signal in GtkAda 1.2.3

I am currently using GtkAda 1.2.3 with Gtk version 1.2.3 and was trying to
block the "select_row" signal from being emitted from the file_sel list in
the File Selection dialog.  I saw that the signal was connected in
"gtkfilesel.c".  I tried doing a emit_stop_by_name on "select_row" but when
I try to run it, I get:

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_emit_stop(): no current emission (104) for object
'GtkCList'

Any suggestions? I currently do a handlers_destroy on the file_sel list, but
that seems like a bit overkill.

Thanks,
Jed Alexander