Gtk from the command-line?

Hi: Is there a quick and dirty way (like a command-line flag) that will
make Gtk not try to open the display? I am using GnomeCal, which is a
gtk+ calendar app. It has command-line options, and I would like to use
it in a cron script (to build a version of my calendar on my web page,
updated every hour). When it runs via cron, though, it can't find the
display. I get the error:

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

I don't mind hacking gnomecal a bit if I need to: I have already done so
to get more consistant output from it. I used the following command-line
in the past:

gnomecal --display=127.0.0.1:0.0 ...etc...

and as long as I was logged in, this worked. I upgraded to RH6.1 today,
and I assume I got a new Gtk+. Since upgrading, it simply refuses to
work.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated! I'm thinking about just dropping
gnomecal if I can't figure this out soon..

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science        http://www.cs.princteon.edu/~brinkman