Re: gdk_time_get in cvs tree

Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org> writes:

> While trying to get some code tocompile under the cvs version of gtk, I
> noticed that gdk_time_get is not to be found.  The function exists in
> 1.2.4.

Using the gnome libraries with GTK+-1.3.x is specifically
unsupported at  this time. Please continue using GTK+-1.2.x.
Once GTK+-1.4 is released, the GNOME libraries will be
updated as necessary.

gdk_time_get() was intentionally removed, because it isn't
useful.

It appears that it is used in various places - every place
that it appeared in a quick was incorrect to begin with.
(What gdk_time_get() used to return was the number of
milliseconds since GDK was initialized.)

> Is this an oversight?  It that function going to be replaced by something
> else?  (Will someone be fixing gnome-hello in the cvs tree to show that
> change?)

I certainly hope gnome-hello isn't using it... (and it doesn't
seem to.)

> I would check the list archives, but I am unable to connect to them at the
> moment.  (The server at gnome.org does not want to respond at the moment.)

Seems to be working now.

Regards,
                                        Owen