Re: [gtk-list] Re: gdk_time_get in cvs tree

On 4 Oct 1999, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org> writes:
>
> > While trying to get some code tocompile under the cvs version of gtk, I
> > noticed that gdk_time_get is not to be found.  The function exists in
> > 1.2.4.
>
> Using the gnome libraries with GTK+-1.3.x is specifically
> unsupported at  this time. Please continue using GTK+-1.2.x.
> Once GTK+-1.4 is released, the GNOME libraries will be
> updated as necessary.
>
> gdk_time_get() was intentionally removed, because it isn't
> useful.
>
> It appears that it is used in various places - every place
> that it appeared in a quick was incorrect to begin with.
> (What gdk_time_get() used to return was the number of
> milliseconds since GDK was initialized.)

Just for general info, it is called in e-conf, gnome-applets (in the fvwm
and icewm pagers), gnome-games (in aisleriot), and gnome-libs (in
libgnomeui/gnome-winhints.c). Probably in other places, but I do not have
the full source tree.

I do not find it in gnome-hello anymore. I guess someone cleaned it up...
(I will have to diff my old copy of it and see what changed.)

alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."