Re: [gtk-list] Re: another question

leon@udmnet.ru wrote:

> Aaron Walker wrote:
>
> > does anyone know if there is there a maximum number of rows you can have in a
> > clist?
> > cause, I put my clist in a scrolled window, and if I few hundred rows, it is
> > ok, but if I add a couple of thousand, the scrolled window acts as though
> > there are not enough rows to need to be scrolled.
> >
> > any comments on this?
>
> My clist puts up happily with 50000 rows. It's inside scrolled window.
> Although on such huge numbers I use prepend to list, not append, in
> order to speed up filling procedure. That's all inside clist freeze/
> thaw block.
>
> Leon.
>
> --

ok, this is what I have:

 gtk_clist_freeze(GTK_CLIST(clist));
 while((fgets(line, sizeof line, results)) != NULL)
 {
      ptr = (gchar *)&line;
      gtk_clist_append(GTK_CLIST(clist), &ptr);
 }
 gtk_clist_thaw(GTK_CLIST(clist));

FILE *results is a 2000-something line file.

I tried using gtk_clist_prepend also, but no luck

any ideas?

thanks,
Aaron

--
Visit my web site at http://iconmedia.com/cgi-bin/index.pl

Current uptime:
 11:12am  up 16:04,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.15