Disabling up & down cursors in an Entry.

Hi -

I'm trying to stop certain keys being handled in an Entry widget, (so
when I hit up for example I don't change focus).  I've tried adding
a signal handler to the widget for "key_press_event", which is called
fine, but I can't stop the focus shifting.

I *guess* I should use gtk_signal_emit_stop (?) but have had no success.

Has anyone got any example code, ie just hooking up & down in an entry
and getting them to do something apart from shifting the focus?

(or some for dummies guide I've missed! :)

Cheers,

Lee Benfield.