Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk look and feel

John Sullivan wrote:

> On the Macintosh (at least), click-to-leave-menu-displayed was merged into the
> existing hold-mouse-button-down-to-view-menu behavior in such a way that both
> still work nicely and don't get in each other's way. There's no need for a
> preference to switch between them. I don't see any reason why this couldn't be
> done on Gnome equally well.

Well, a good idea. The (dreaded :) Motif also has those two modes and
switches them automagically. If you click and release mouse button
on a menu, it is driven by explicit clicks, and if you click and
drag mouse, submenus pop up on pointer rollover. (But still it
hasn't timeots in the latter case :). So that automagical behavior
is not new.

Leon.