Re: [gtk-list] Gnome-Lite (was Re: Replacement of Imlib with pixbuf)

Lars Hallberg wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 09:12:56PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> >
> > There will probably be a new pixbuf-based theme engine, but it will still
> > work with GTK-only apps as long as you have gdk-pixbuf (and dependencies)
> > installed.
>
> Howe about a "Gnome Lite" project containing some of the libs that
> dont realy fitt GDK / GTK but still don't depend on the 'hevy' gnome
> parts implementing replacment for activ-X and such. Making some
> of the 'lowlevel' gnome tools and widgets usable to GTK-apps
> whithout fullblown gnome support.
Sure, I agree.

If you know what is involved to get GNOME running on Solaris,
see (http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk/computer/gnome for details)
your suggestion points into the right direction.
I can't simply change the shared memory configuration on my Sun
because I don't have root access.

Regards,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG