Re: Replacement of Imlib with pixbuf

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 09:12:56PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> There will probably be a new pixbuf-based theme engine, but it will still
> work with GTK-only apps as long as you have gdk-pixbuf (and dependencies)
> installed.

Howe about a "Gnome Lite" project containing some of the libs that
dont realy fitt GDK / GTK but still don't depend on the 'hevy' gnome
parts implementing replacment for activ-X and such. Making some
of the 'lowlevel' gnome tools and widgets usable to GTK-apps
whithout fullblown gnome support.

Might make this 'core' part of gnome more used and tested and in that
way builds a more solid fondation fore the complet gnome project.

KDE users for one, might have resistens against installing gnome but
might instal gnomlite if it givs them a couple of cool apps!

Gnome Lite might be used as 'temporary home' for widgets being
migrated from gnome to GTK+...

As a 'longtime' goal, trying to break out the basics from highlewel
gnomewidgets in a basclass that kan migrate to Gnome Lite or GTK+.
That probably will help maintain consistensy betwen apps and reduse
redundant work (not to be done more than it is practicly, of corse
- I'm not sugesting to make a 'holly principle' out of it).

Just sugestions /Lars

--
Lars Hallberg                         Micro++  www.micropp.se/
Freeware * C/C++ * Python * Linux * Debian * HTML * Javascript