z80 Assembly IDE

I am currently working on a z80 assembly IDE. Right now I am using a linked
list to keep track of the files that are open. Each file has a text widget, and
a scrollbar widget, and some other basic data. The problem is that it seg
faults at various times while opening files or creating new files. I have been
looking for this bug for like 10 hours or so now, and I was wondering if anyone
out there knows of a better way to do what I am trying to do. A notebook would
work, but I kinda like the way it looks right now. Any input on this issue
would be appreciated.

Later,
Chicane