Re: z80 Assembly IDE

>looking for this bug for like 10 hours or so now, and I was wondering if
>anyone out there knows of a better way to do what I am trying to do. A
>notebook would work, but I kinda like the way it looks right now. Any
>input on this issue would be appreciated.

You could use linked lists, but isn't that kind of overkill?  Say you
wanted to keep track of the widgets corresponding to the different pages,
or structures of your own that contain the widgets and the filenames and
so on.  Just put a ceiling on the number of files they can have open at a
time.  Like, choosing an arbitrary number, say, 32.  If you know somebody
who likes to edit more than 32 files simultaenously, increase it.  :)
Then just use an array of pointers to whatever you need to store.  The
only difference is that you would have a slight amount of wasted space, ie
however many pages the user wasn't using times the sizeof the pointer,
which should be pretty small.

That way, you always have the info, and a straight index into the array,
which is quicker than searching through a linked list for an object.
(Although with the number of things you're probably working with the speed
difference would be negligible.)

David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/ Free Software Development
Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und das
nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.