Re: FW: Re: GLib 1.2.2

Erik Mouw writes:
>Use back quotes (`), not normal quotes ('):
>
>  gcc base.c -o base `gtk-config --cflags --libs`
>
>This is really becoming a FAQ.

But putting it into a FAQ won't help, because people will misread
the ` characters for ' characters -- in fact, in many monospace
fonts, they are identical.

I suggest that in FAQ and other documents, we suggest people use
   gcc base.c -o base $(gtk-config --cflags --libs)
because that can't be misread so easily.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/