Re: [gtk-list] Re: Static compilation & gtk--

Guillaume Laurent <glaurent@worldnet.fr> writes:
> Yes. Erwan, this should be reported to the Gtk-- package maintainer as
> a bug, Gtk-- normally install both static and dynamic libs.

Oh, this was changed before 1.0 I think. By default gtk-- installs only
dynamic libs. This is because of huge size of the static libs.
(static libs seems to have the same thing many times and their size is
22M... dynamic libs are only few megs...) We should actually try look into
why static libs are so large...

Of course binary packages will usually want to get both, but the
source package compiles only dynamic libraries.

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --