Re: [gtk-list] Re: Tooltips for insensitive widgets?

> 	   You should have a look to the 'interface hall of shame' at
> 	   http://www.iarchitect.com/mshame.htm.
>
> I will -- sounds interesting!
>
> There's already a visual indication that the button is insensitive, so
> it doesn't strike me as the ``nyahh nyahh nyahh'' you're thinking of
> it as.  If there were no visible indication, I'd agree.
> --
> Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
> Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002
> New Mexico State University          http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/~pfeiffer

Very interesting site.  Thanks for the pointer.

But, I have to agree with Joe.  In fact, there's nothing more annoying to
me than going to select an option from a menu and finding it grayed out
(or worse, not there) for "no apparent reason".  A strategically placed
tooltip can point out the error in my conception of how the program works,
and explain to me why the option is disabled.

My two pennies...  -- josh

                       Joshua Richardson
Dept. Cognitive and Neural Systems / Center for Adaptive Systems
                       Boston University