Re: [gtk-list] Re: gnome and Gtk--

Peter Berlau <pberlau@muenster.de> writes:

> > I'm not sure I understand your question here. If your C++ application is
> > only going to use GTK+, then use Gtk--. If you'll be using the Gnome
> > libs, then use Gnome-- too.

> in gnome there is a CORBA enhancement (afaik) but are there other
> features e.g. for "look and feel" , is there something different in
> Coding as in `kde` and `qt` is ?

Yes. Gnome is (more or less) to GTK+ what KDE is to Qt.

> or is `gnome--` pure additional "stuff" above on `Gtk--` and
> Corba-Enhancement?

The gnome libs are in C, and just like GTK+, bindings for these libs
exist in various languages. Gnome-- are the C++ bindings for them
(currently incomplete).

So the bottom line is, if you're going to use the Gnome libs, use
Gnome--.

About CORBA, there are C++ bindings for ORBit, but this is something
entirely seperate from Gtk--.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent