Re: [gtk-list] Re: gnome and Gtk--

Guillaume Laurent <glaurent@worldnet.fr> writes:

> You don't need the double quotes, and I wonder where the two '--'
> before $CPPFLAGS come from. Anyway, this should work :
>
> CPPFLAGS=`gtkmm-config --cflags` `gnome-config --cflags` $CPPFLAGS
Yes, thanks, I have done typing to fast for my brain ;-)
after I send  mail i recognize that error, but before some hours it
was a miracle, I really didn' t seen the to little '--' , ...

> However, if you'll be using Gnome too, then you should use Gnome--
> (C++ bindings for the Gnome libs, which come along with Gtk--,
> although they're far less complete than the GTK+ bindings) :
>
> CPPFLAGS=`gnome-config --cflags gnomemm gnomeui` $CPPFLAGS
>
> If you need something in the Gnome libs which isn't wrapped in Gtk--,
> just send a mail about it on the Gtk-- mailing list and we'll try to
> provide the missing wrappers as soon as posible.

ah, ok I not need the gnome-- when I use the gtk-- Right ?
-
  with qt and kde it was kde added some nice features to GUI-look
  and Im absolute newbie in Gtk-- so i assumed its here also a
  good idea to add the gnome--, I hadn't realized that I don't
  have to do this
-
Thanks:-)

hmm, is there a specially Gtk-- mailing list too ?

> > the matter with debian is:
> > if i install gnome it deinstalls  Gtk--
> > if i install Gtk--  it deinstalls gnome

> This is a bug which should be reported to the respective maintainers
> of the packages.
he knows this bug for about 3 month ago I started my first
try to convert to Gtk-- and wonder I can't get only gnome or
Gtk-- but not both of them.
But, anyway, with the local solution I can `live`
I can compile and run all Gtk-- examples I've found and
can learn from the source who I can use Gtk--   :-)
Thanks a lot for help, and patience with me.
Wish You all the best,
 Peter

P.S. My english is pretty ugly, I know, sorry

--
Peter Berlau
email pberlau@muenster.de