Static compilation & gtk--

Hello !

I am developping using gtk-- and I want to compile static binaries (to
use the binary on a PC without gtk libs).

When I compile dynamically by
g++ mysource.cc `gtkmm-config --cflags` `gtkmm-config --libs`
The compilation works fine.

But when I try to add -static, I have the following error message :

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lgtkmm: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce
type.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What is surprising is that :
- The dynamic compilation works fine
- The static compilation w/ just gtk works fine

Just the dynamic compil w/ gtk-- generates errors !!

Please, help...

Erwan