[gtk-1.0.6] GtkToolbar: Two Beginner's questions

Hi !

First of all, let me say that i am VERY happy that there is,
finally, a very good widget set available for free distribution.

I did start developing a Gtk application a few months ago and now
I'm coming to the part of the layout of the final user-interface.
After looking at the widget set I think the toolbar widget
is the one to use.

I have two questions related to this:

	1. How can I change one of the pixmap dynamically, e.g,
	   by clicking on one of the buttons in the toolbar ?
	   There seem to be functions to add a widget / button / etc.
	   but no function to remove one (is not a good idea, anyway)
	   or to update one (this would be worthwile, I think).
	   Perhaps there is another solution to this ?

	2. I have a problem with the tooltips for the toolbar, too.
	   As long as I use an entry (like in testgtk) or a button,
	   everything is 'as advertised' :-) but using a combobox, the
	   tooltip text does not appear.
	   Is there a way to get this shown ?
	   Do I have to use the EventBox Widget to achieve this ?
	   I tried to use a global tooltip for this single combobox,
	   but it didn't work either.

I am still using version 1.0.6, though.
If the latest version (1.2.x) is considerably different wrt. GtkToolbar
and its tooltips, please tell me.
I did read both online tutorials (for version 1.0.x and 1.2.x) and
didn't
find a difference in the functions provided.

I did see the 'MyGtkToolbar' implementation, but I can't unpack it,
because gunzip keeps telling me that the file is encrypted (?)
and I am not in the states, so encryption/decryption is not included
in my version of gzip/gunzip.
Is it really encrypted or is it something I didn't do right in
transfering it ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG