Re: [gtk-list] Re: Perl/Gtk with gdk_imlib and themes?

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Bart Schuller wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 04:50:46PM -0500, Kenneth Albanowski wrote:
> > Has anyone been able to use Perl/Gtk with gdk_imlib, or themes? Looking at
>
> Hmm. Indeed I get undefined symbols in themes (different symbols for
> each theme). But "perl gdkimlib.pl 3DRings.xpm" works without warnings
> (except when using themes).

Well, I guess we should start with figuring out where the undefined
symbols are coming from. I must admit I'm completely befuddled: I don't
see how we can get undefined symbols and still let stuff run, nor do I
understand how the undefined symbol warnings only crop up if a theme is
enabled.

> This is using the following Debian packages:
>
> libgnome-perl   0.5000-1
> libgnome32      1.0.3-1
> gdk-imlib1      1.9.4-1
> gtk-engines-*   0.5-0.1
> libgtk1.2       1.2.0-1
>
> I've verified that the themes work with other apps without warnings.

It has something to do with the dynamic loading mechanism, clearly.