how to set the mouse position?

Hi all,
  Is there any way in the GTK library to set the mouse cursor position?
Something like "setpointer()" in Motif (if my memory serves correctly).
Basically we want to set the cursor to outside the X screen (or the
border) so that an application which may be driven by keyboard only
does not disturb the display with the cursor just in the middle of
the screen.
  arnold
--
Arnold Gerdes
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-21