Re: [gtk-list] A basic idea of threading GTK apps

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Software mit Funken wrote:

> Can someone PLEASE give me some help on how to do this? I need to have a
> program that starts a GTK thread, and then any other code to manipulate
> GTK, (ie, create a new window), is in another separate thread. Basic code
> examples, etc. would be a good plan.

Unless you can figure out *why* a child thread can't do GTK functions I
would suggest doing all GTK functionality in the main thread.  (The main
program itself...just ship off the "threaded" work to threads, not the GTK
work to a seperate GTK thread.)

Just a suggestion.

Paul Braman
aeon@tampabay.rr.com