Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK 1.2 questions

On Sun, Jun 06, 1999 at 03:25:34PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Don't use the _with_viewport() add function, just add the CList normally.

Bingo. Beautiful.

> There's a resize_column signal you could use to track resizes. There may
> be a bettter way though.

Hmmm. Sounds reasonable. Will give it a try.

> See the FAQ on www.gtk.org.

Doh! What I bonehead I am. I have looked at the faq many times, and
didn't even see that last entry (was probably looking for something
else at the time). Sweet. Works great.

A couple more questions:

1) Can I make the text entry part of a combo box readonly, so that the
combo is merely a selection mechanism? Or is there some other widget
that would be better for selecting from a small list of choices?

2) I need to persist some options to disk, is there an api out there
everyone typically uses to read/write name/value pairs to a file?

Thanks to all three of the people who responded to my question. Most
lists are far from this helpful.

rjf&