From: Kurt V. Hindenburg [mailto:khindenb@gte.net]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 1999 4:30 PM
To: gtk-list@redhat.com
Subject: [gtk-list] Slowness of c++

Hello,
  This might not be the correct play for this question, but maybe
someone's knows the answer.
  I'm changing a C program using gtk into a C++ with the VDK
wrapper.  I've noticed that while they both are using
gtk_timeout_add, the C++ is ..much.. slower than the C one.
Basically, the C++ program is using a lot more CPU and the mouse
is very sluggish..it take almost a second after clicking on the close
window button for the program to quit.  The C program however is
quite fast with no noticeable slowness.
  Is this due to the C++ wrapper VDK?  Poor C++ programming (I
am a novice)?  Or what?
  Thanks,
      Kurt