Re: [gtk-list] Re: Canvas widget in GTK?

On 20 Jul, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Glenn Hutchings wrote:
>
>> Anyone out there know if there are any plans for a canvas widget in GTK?
>> A widget where you can create graphics primitives (lines, circles, etc),
>> like in Tcl/Tk.  Looks like there is one for Gnome, which strikes me as a
>> bit strange -- since Gnome is built on GTK, why not implement the canvas
>> at the GTK level?
>
> Glenn,
>
>   Funny that you ask that. :-) Check out the drawing area widget in the GDK.

As I'm writing on a kind of xfig clone under gtk, I've done my own kind
of canvas, it can show different kind of primitives, zoom them etc.
Unfortunately (for you:-) it's all in c++, done with gtk--,
but I try to keep it modularized as well as possible,
so maybe it could help other people too...

I hope I can  put the project on the web soon, so if anyone is
interested...