Re: [gtk-list] Canvas widget in GTK?

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Glenn Hutchings wrote:

> Anyone out there know if there are any plans for a canvas widget in GTK?
> A widget where you can create graphics primitives (lines, circles, etc),
> like in Tcl/Tk.  Looks like there is one for Gnome, which strikes me as a
> bit strange -- since Gnome is built on GTK, why not implement the canvas
> at the GTK level?

Glenn,

  Funny that you ask that. :-) Check out the drawing area widget in the GDK.

HTH,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  U.S.A.
+ 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax)
rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
           Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.