Re: [gtk-list] Re: C/GTK+ versus C++/GTK--/QT

SEGV <mlepage@cgocable.net> wrote:

> >         - is there a decent tutorial/manual on gtk-- ?
> >         - what do you think about C++ and gtk-- ?
> >         - what do you think about C++ and QT ?
> >         - some ideas on using plain C and GTK+ on OO programming.
>
> If you look at my code at the URL below (about 2000 statements of code)
> you will see that there is another alternative: C++ using GTK+ directly.
> Except where I interface with GTK+, everything in my program is OO,
> design patterns, C++.

One thing I dislike about using GTK+ directly in C++ is that you need
loads of static functions for call-backs, passing "this" around
explicitly.

(Still, my only GTK+ project so far is in C++/GTK but I *am* thinking
about converting it to gtk--).

--
Mvh. Anders