Re: [gtk-list] C/GTK+ versus C++/GTK--/QT

slug@alumni.dee.uc.pt wrote:

> Hello,
>         i don't wan't to start a flame war but here it goes...
>  I wan't to start a semi-large project (free not comercial) and i have
>    no real problems programming with C and GTK+, but recently I read a C++
> tutorial and i think it would be better to start with C++. After this i went
> to see GTK-- and honestly I found the thing a bit confusing , comparing it to
> C/GTK+ or C++/QT. I've never programmed with C++ or QT, but started to read
> the QT tutorial. Now , my
>  questions:
>
>         - is there a decent tutorial/manual on gtk-- ?
>         - what do you think about C++ and gtk-- ?
>         - what do you think about C++ and QT ?
>         - some ideas on using plain C and GTK+ on OO programming.

If you look at my code at the URL below (about 2000 statements of code)
you will see that there is another alternative: C++ using GTK+ directly.
Except where I interface with GTK+, everything in my program is OO,
design patterns, C++.

--
SEGV  -  http://www.cgocable.net/~mlepage/
Features Minion real-time strategy game, RTS game programming info,