Re: [gtk-list] gtk-config

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Ju-Lian Kwan wrote:

> tried doing what the faq suggested (more or less, gcc [...] 'gtk-config
> --cflags --libs') but when I try this I simply get a "pgcc: gtk-config
> --clfags --libs: no such file or directory" error returned.

The cause of this error is your selection of quoting.  Using '' will cause
the shell to do nothing more than copy the contents of the quotes to the
commandline of your compiler, pgcc in this case.  Using backticks instead,
i.e. ``, will cause the shell to correctly run the contents of the quotes
as a command and replace the whole mess with the stdout of the command.
This is what you want in your compiler command lines.

TTYL,
    Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user