gtk+-1.1.13 woes

ok, i'm sorry if someone has already posted questions about this, but i just
joined, and nothing was mentioned in any archive i could find...

on my RedHat 5.2 system, i just upgraded from glib/gtk+-1.1.12 to 1.1.13, and
gimp-1.1.1 via tarball...  when i ran gimp, my gtk+ theme was not used, and
the menus were completely blacked out.  this also happens in GQmpeg, which was
compiled with gtk+-1.1.13, but does not happen in gnotepad+, which was
compiled w/ gtk+-1.1.12...  i am just using the simple Gradient them that i
got when i installed gtk+-1.1.12... is there an update for this, or am i doing
something wrong?  i can send my .gtkrc file if it is needed....

jesse kaufman

--
"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~mdw/boycott/