Window resizes

I have a window that contains only a GtkDrawingArea. I've called
gtk_window_set_policy(window, TRUE, TRUE, FALSE) so it should be
auto-resizing. However, when I change the size of the drawing area
with gtk_drawing_area_size(area, width, height) to something else, the
window doesn't resize itself. I can force a resize by hiding and then
showing the window again, but this isn't ideal since the window tends
to jump around as the window manager repositions it. How do I tell the
window to resize itself without needing to hide it?

--
Osku Salerma - osku@iki.fi - http://www.iki.fi/osku/
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.