Re: [gtk-list] Re: A small mistake in the documentation

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Brandon Long wrote:

> Also, I think GNOME documentation is really necessary, as you want
> people to use what is available, so you have to tell them, otherwise
> they'll just start reinventing the wheel.  (which, they will do anyways,
> but you should at least try to keep them from doing that)

This is an important point.  Several times now I have gone and done
something, and then discovered the gnome had some convience function I
could use.  I have learned to actively search for such things now, but
still miss them occasionally and end up duplicating functionality.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
Find my PGP PublicKey - http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf/CDR.asc

I know you can't solve all the problems with money, but I guarantee you
can't solve many without it.