Re: [gtk-list] trying to install glib & gtk !

When you call configure without any arguments, the program is usually
installed to
/usr/local
while rpm's install them to
/usr
So if you have gtk+ and glib installed already, you probably will have
two versions of gtk by now.
(This is not critical, but a little bit more complicated than having
just one...)

So the easiest way of upgrading should be to get all the new rpm's from
redhat concerning gtk & gnome and upgrade your packages.

Greetings,
Roland Bock