text position in non-editable text widget - How to set.

I'm using a non-editable text widget. Using gtk_text_set_point doesn't
seem to have any effect. In the Motif toolkit, setting the position will
ensure that that position is visible on the screen. Like if you want to
search for something, doing a set-point should scroll so that that point
can be seen.

Am I doing something wrong? Should this work? Or is there a different
way of doing this? Using gtk 1.1.15.

--
Chris Bitmead
http://www.bigfoot.com/~chris.bitmead